Discover Houses for Rent in Dundee, FL
Dundee is a small town located in central Florida, about an hour outside of Orlando. The community is situated along U.S. Route 27 in Polk County and is a mix of older neighborhoods and new subdivisions. Homes for rent in Dundee provide residents access to the scenic lakeside parks, area tourist attractions and friendly local businesspeople. Commuters can easily travel to Orlando or Tampa thanks to the area's proximity to major highways.
Facts for Renters
- The town was incorporated in 1924 and thrived on Florida's citrus industry. Dundee has grown into a quaint residential area that provides a break from big-city noise.
- Dundee's central location allows residents to travel to the east coast of Florida or the Gulf in under two hours.
- The historic Dundee Train Depot was built in 1911 and was responsible for the influx of new residents into the area.
- Many of Florida's residents, as well as a host of golf courses, buy their golf carts from Art's Golf Cars in Dundee. This local business has the largest indoor showroom in Polk County.
- Dundee is home to Sertoma Camp Endeavor, which educates deaf children. The campground also hosts a number of special needs children's groups throughout the year.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The Polk County website provides information on public transportation, utilities and development in Dundee and other surrounding neighborhoods.
- The Dundee Area Chamber of Commerce website lists local businesses, interesting attractions and community events. This resource will help new residents become acquainted with the town.
- The Dundee official website provides contacts for the town's departments, commissioners and boards. Renters can also use this site to keep up with the latest announcements and town meetings.