Discover Houses for Rent in Davenport, FL
Davenport is a historical community offering residents scenic landscapes and fun events throughout the year. Homes for rent lie less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World and about 35 miles from downtown Orlando, so a fun time is never out of reach.
3 Things Davenport Renters Should Know
- History buffs can participate in the city's Historical Society, which is committed to preserving the rich heritage of the area. Meetings take place in a local museum that houses a collection of artifacts from Central Florida.
- Davenport is part of Polk County and the Greater Lakeland-Winter Haven Metropolitan Area.
- Polk County was first settled in 1849 by farmers looking to move away from the coast.
Key Resources for Davenport Renters
- Parents moving into houses for rent in Davenport should check out the Polk County School District website. The area has plenty of public and private schools to choose from, so parents can decide on the option best for their children.
- The City of Davenport website has useful information about the local government and services for those looking to rent.
Haines City borders Davenport and has many events that renters may want to attend. Take a glance at the city's event calendar for an idea of what's happening.
Things to Do Around Davenport
There are several entertaining parks around Davenport, including Jamestown Park. The space offers a basketball court and a playground, plus a picnic area for fun get-togethers. The Lewis W. Mathews Memorial Sports Complex features three baseball/softball fields and an all-purpose field. If you want a great opportunity to meet your neighbors while learning about Florida's history, make a visit to the Horse Creek Festival, which takes place every November. Traditional Florida food is served during the celebration and local art is displayed as well.