Discover Charming Houses for Rent in Bartow, FL
Bartow is a lovely historical town located within Polk County. It's approximately 20 minutes from the city of Winter Haven. Homes for rent allow families to learn about the heritage of the area by exploring the Polk County Historical Museum or the Historical and Genealogical Library. Families can also enjoy fishing for bass in one of the city's waterways or enjoy a drive to an amusement park like Busch Gardens!
Facts for Renters
- The city was originally founded in 1851 and named Fort Blount. It was later renamed Bartow after Francis S. Bartow, the first brigade commander to die in the Civil War. Polk County men fought on both sides of the war.
- Bartow is the second oldest city in Polk County.
- Oak Hill Cemetery is one of the most historic locations in the town. It was created long before Polk County was established. It was known as "Old City Cemetery". Many historical figures lie in the graveyard, from heroes of the Mexican-American War to World War II veterans. The cemetery was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 2003.
- The city's official nickname is the "City of Oaks and Azaleas", but is also called the "Tow". Bartow High School is also on the registry and is the oldest high school in the county.
Resources for Renters
- Renters can learn more about what places are on the National Historic Registry and how to find them using the Bartow Historical Museum website.
- Learn all you need to know about the city and how to get involved on the town's website.
- Discover local businesses and their prosperity on the Chamber of Commerce website.