Discover Houses for Rent in Haines City, FL
Central Florida offers residents a beautiful landscape abundant with lakes and natural parks. Homes for rent in Haines City give renters access to outdoor activities, plus the fun events that take place in a city. Haines City is less than 15 miles away from Winter Haven and about 50 miles from Orlando, so residents can easily travel between nearby major cities for out-of-town fun. However, with all the exciting opportunities present in Haines City, you may just want to stay where you are.
3 Things Haines City Renters Should Know
- Haines City is found in the Lakeland-Winter Haven Metro Area and part of Polk County.
- The primary industry of Haines City used to be citrus farming. Early settlers planted orange groves on the land and created a business out of growing and selling their products.
- Haines City was named after a senior railroad official, Colonel Henry Haines.
Key Resources for Haines City Renters
- Renters who want to enroll their children in public schools should visit the Polk County Public Schools website, as it gives information about schools in the area. Haines City is home to four elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. There are several parochial options in the neighborhood as well. For parents who want their children to learn in a technology-based setting, the Daniel Jenkins Academy is also in Haines City and focuses on math, science and environmental studies.
- The official Haines City Web page also has useful information about town services and utilities.
Things to Do Around Haines City
The Ironman Triathlon 70.3 takes place around Lake Eva in Haines City. Bring your family and friends to watch the invigorating event every April and help cheer on competitors. Lake Eva is also home to a walkable park during the rest of the year. If you prefer a more relaxing activity, head over to one of the many golf courses in the area, such as the highly rated one at the Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club.