Discover Houses for Rent in Osprey, FL
Osprey is a community in Sarasota County on the western coast of Florida, not far from various cities like Venice and Sarasota. Homes for rent in Osprey give residents access to places like Oscar Scherer State Park, Casey Key Fish House, Historic Spanish Point, Little Sarasota Bay and more.
Interesting Facts About Osprey
- Historic Spanish Point, located within Osprey, is an excellent way to learn about the history of the community and the area around Little Sarasota Bay.
- The Point's description of the area's prehistory noted that there was a shift from a hunter and gatherer lifestyle to one based on agriculture among early inhabitants around Little Sarasota Bay.
- The Point is an outdoor museum that has a number of fascinating exhibits, including "A Window to the Past," which is an archeological exhibit. It features a shell mound.
- The location is also focused on preserving ecosystems that are common in the area around Osprey, like pine flatwoods, mangrove swamps, tidal marshes and coastal beaches.
Resources for Renters
Sarasota County's website has multiples pages that are relevant to the day-to-day lives of renters in Osprey. One of these pages is called "Residents" and has a detailed list of services, such as events, health and safety information, parks and recreation, planning and development, public works and more. The various departments of the county's government are also available on the site, such as environmental planning, code enforcement, the building department and numerous others, such as a human resources department.
- The Osprey Nokomis Florida Chamber of Commerce's website is a good go-to resource for residents in Osprey interested in the business climate of the community. The site has a member directory, contact information, a page called "About Us" and more.