Discover Houses for Rent in Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores is located in Palm Beach County close to West Palm Beach. The community is situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Riviera Beach. Individuals looking for homes for rent will likely focus on the ample housing options around the water in Palm Beach Shores. Attractions in the community include Sailfish Marina Resort, Johnny Longboats, Portside on the Inlet and more.
Interesting Facts About Palm Beach Shores
- Palm Beach Shores is located in the southern area of Singer Island.
- One of the first settlements on Palm Beach Shores originated in the early 1900s. The settlers were fishermen and squatters from neighboring Riviera Beach and the Bahamas.
- Palm Beach Shores gained formal organization in 1947. It was incorporated in 1951.
- The development of Palm Beach Shores was led by A. O. Edwards. Edwards was a railroad and hotel tycoon, and he purchased 240 acres on Singer Island that became Palm Beach Shores. Edwards invested significantly in the early community and assisted in its development.
Resources for Renters
- The town of Palm Beach Shores has a website that lists and details services that make up the community. The site has pages on the town's community center and a page called "Our Town," which has general information, like water restrictions, beach parking, business hours, construction work times and information about trash and recycling. The Our Town page also lists organizations, such as the Property Owners' Association, Seaside Charity Organization, the Turtle Patrol and the St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee, among a variety of other informative pages.
- The Historical Society of Palm Beach County has educational events listed on its website that will help renters learn more about the history of the area, all of which will be helpful for new residents getting settled in a new area.