Discover Houses for Rent in Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach is a coastal town that's part of Palm Beach County. Palm Beach is close to various other cities and towns famous for their location and ability to attract tourists, such as Lake Worth. Homes for rent in Palm Beach give residents numerous options for activities, such as Lake Worth Lagoon, Everglades Golf Course, Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Breakers Ocean Golf Course, Palm Beach Country Club and Cafe Cellini.
Interesting Facts About Palm Beach
- Prior to becoming known as Palm Beach, the community was simply part of the larger area of Lake Worth.
- A permanent settlement of pioneers first came to Palm Beach in 1872. These early pioneers focused primarily on agriculture as a way of life.
- Subsequently, Palm Beach became a mecca for tourists, due to its natural beauty and increased development. For example, in the late 1800s, the town's first hotel opened, called the Coconut Grove House. This hotel was followed by the introduction of other hotels and businesses, such as the industrialist Henry Flagler's Royal Poinciana Hotel.
- The Florida East Coast Railroad also was built in the late 1800s, helping to bring more tourists to the town.
- Palm Beach officially incorporated into Florida in 1911.
- Many residents make Palm Beach a seasonal home, reflecting the stellar climate in the area around Palm Beach.
Resources for Renters
- The Town of Palm Beach has a website that provides the latest updates on news in the town, among a number of other features. Find out about coastal protection, town officials and maps. Residents looking to learn more about what Palm Beach is like can visit the page marked "Visitors." This page contains a photo gallery and a description of Palm Beach.
- Renters can find information about education by visiting the website for the school district of Palm Beach County.