Discover Houses for Rent in Lake Park, FL
Lake Park is found in Palm Beach County, a small community directly located by the Lake Worth Lagoon. Lake Park is the neighbor of numerous urban locations in Florida, such as Palm Beach Gardens and Riviera Beach. Homes for rent place families right next to the water and locations like Lake Park Scrub Natural Area, Camilli's Pizza, Brass Ring Pub, Kelsey Park and Lake Park Marina.
History of Lake Park
- The town has been dubbed "The Jewel of the Palm Beaches," due principally to Lake Park's ideal location and pleasing, modern downtown area.
- Lake Park was founded in 1923.
- Lake Park has been known by a number of other names throughout its history. Notable examples include Kelsey City, A New City in the Making and The Miracle City of Florida. The town officially became known as Lake Park in 1939.
- The Works Progress Administration, a New Deal program initiated by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, paved roads in Lake Park in the 1930s.
- Many individuals involved in the military came to Lake Park during WWII. This was a driving force behind the development of Lake Park, as many soldiers and their families came to live in the town.
Resources for Renters
- The Town of Lake Park's official website has the address of the town and contact information that includes telephone and fax numbers. Other pages on the site include agenda packets and the latest news and announcements from the town. Renters can also browse through the town's calendars and view upcoming events in Lake Park, such as a public hearing or a library board meeting.
Lake Park Library's website has pages on the research sphere of the library, the library's catalog, upcoming events, the library's hours and a number of other helpful resources.