Enjoy Your New House for Rent in Port Richey, FL
If you're looking for a home for rent in an area that borders the warm Gulf of Mexico, has gorgeous weather year-round and is home to welcoming and kind neighbors, Port Richey, Fla., is probably the place for you. This unique city boasts beautiful vistas and is a pristine place to settle down for anyone.
2 Fast Facts About Port Richey
- Even before Port Richey was incorporated, it was a favorite spot for fishermen and trappers, something that hasn't changed.
- The city was named after Aaron Richey, who settled the area when he purchased a plot of land on the Pithlachascotee River and named it Richey Point. The name changed when he established the Port Richey Post Office.
3 Resources for Port Richey Renters
- People new to the area may need to contact the Port Richey Fire Department, which not only handles fire and rescue requests, but also enforces codes, creates emergency management systems and educates the public.
- Renters will want to speak to the Utilities/Water Department regarding their water service and billing inquiries.
- Area residents should contact the Public Works Department if they need to speak to someone about brush and yard debris pickups, or if they want to learn more about the city's parks.
What Fun Things Go On in Port Richey?
Many of the parks in Port Richey offer access to the water, like Brasher Park with its loading area for non-motorized boats or the aptly named Waterfront Park, which has a fishing pier and kayak launch. There's also the sole city boat ramp at Nick's Park, which also has a dock, fishing area and often lots of visitors. Families can also come together and participate in a unique project by adopting a tree. The city's program allows individuals to have a tree planted in their names, then they agree to take care of it.