Explore Houses for Rent in Calumet City, Illinois
Calumet City is located in Cook County. Nearby cities include Hammond, Burnham, South Holland and Lansing. The city is 30 minutes away from Chicago, which is convenient for people who'd like to work within the city but live outside of it. Calumet City has plenty of health and fitness opportunities for everyone, which is just one reason it's a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. Sign your kids up for a sport offered through the Calumet Memorial Park District - options include swimming, tennis and basketball. The area also boasts a skate park, miniature golf course, driving range and batting cages. In addition to athletics, there's plenty to do in Calumet City. Check out all that the area has to offer.
Fun Facts about Calumet City
- Spend a day at the Green Lake Family Aquatic Center on Torrence Avenue. Kids between the ages of 4 and 12 get in for $3 and others pay a $5 admission fee to get access to an outdoor water park that has slides and drop buckets.
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the city's many restaurants. Whether you're craving hot dogs, sandwiches, seafood or pizza, there's an option for everyone. Calumet City is home to a Big Boy, which is famous for its gigantic boy mascot. The company has been open for more than 75 years and counting.
- Check out the Shedd Aquarium, located in Chicago, where people can visit, touch and learn about sea life. The establishment is home to beluga whales, sea lions, dolphins and penguins.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to learn about the city council, local history or to check out job postings.
- Visit the Calumet City Chamber of Commerce for membership information and for a list of its benefits.