149 Houses for Rent in Chicago Heights, Illinois
Number of Bedrooms
Chicago Heights House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Chicago Heights, Illinois
Chicago Heights is located in Cook County. It's about 40 minutes away from the Windy City. Nearby cities include Glenwood, Steger, Crete and Park Forest. There is plenty to do in the area, which is just one reason why Chicago Heights is a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. The Chicago Heights Park District is responsible for leisure and quality of life programs. Sign your children up for programs that are offered on a seasonal basis. Options include gymnastics, fitness and archery. There's something for everyone in the area.
Fun Facts about Chicago Heights
- Chicago Heights is home to Prairie State College, which has a 137-acre campus that includes a bookstore, the Christopher Art Gallery and special places for meetings. The two-year community college was founded in 1957 and classes officially started up the following year.
- The area boasts Aunt Martha's, which is a community resource center for youth and adults. They opened their doors in 1972 and currently have a staff of more than 1,300 volunteers. The office has counselors, health care providers and educators. They're always looking for more helping hands if you're interested in volunteering.
- If your family enjoys theater, check out the city's drama group that's been around since 1931. In addition to putting on a wide range of productions, the facility also has kid's camps and special events.
Information for Renters
- If you'd like to learn more about local government and the various committees visit the city's official website.
- Check out the Chicago Heights Patch for hyper local stories that pertain to entertainment, politics, crime and upcoming events.