Discover Houses for Rent in Glenwood, Illinois
Glenwood is located in Cook County. Nearby cities include Lynwood, Homewood and Chicago Heights. Glenwood is comprised of a mixture of businesses and institutions, including the Glenwood public library, a gun and pistol range, schools, a fire department and several churches. Despite its array of activities, the city is typically a quiet community, which is really the best of both worlds. Glenwood has plenty of opportunities for children and adults, which is why it's a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. Check out all that Glenwood has to offer.
Fun Facts about Glenwood
- Residents of Glenwood can use the fitness center at the Village of South Holland. The 50,000-square-foot facility is open seven days a week and hosts a number of classes, such as cycling. It also has a pool and spa, a gymnasium and an indoor track.
- Sign your children up for a sports team that's available through the city of Glenwood. Options include basketball, football and cheerleading. There are also girls and boys scout troops and a chess club in the area.
- Enjoy the great outdoors at one of Glenwood's nature areas. The Forest Preserves of Cook County is full of trails that are open for biking, walking and running.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website if you'd like more information on the town's government and politics. The site also has job listings and provides access to many of the local departments including animal control, city police and parks and recreation.
- Check out the Homewood Area Chamber of Commerce website if you're interested in business or if you'd like to become a member. The site has plans to launch a blog next year that'll cover news within the community.