Explore Houses for Rent in Blue Island, Illinois
Blue Island is located in Cook County. Nearby cities include Calumet Park, Robbins and Dixmoor. The city is located a half hour away from Chicago, although you don't have to travel far to have fun. There is plenty to do in Blue Island, which is why it's a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. The downtown area is comprised of a number of shopping and dining options. Grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants, cuisines include Italian, Mexican and Cajun. Whether you're a home body or busy bee, Blue Island has something for everyone.
Fun Facts about Blue Island
- Visit the Blue Island Historical Society where you can learn more about the area's exploration, development and settlement. The organization has a collection of artifacts that pertain to wealth, education, arts, sciences, trade and transportation.
- If you enjoy the outdoors, explore the Calument-Sag Trail, which sits beside the Calumet-Sag Channel and Calumet River. Along the nearby path there are parks, marinas and nature centers.
- Many of the buildings in Blue Island have a story of their own. The Alden Klein House on Greenwood Avenue originally belonged to family who owned a meat business. They moved into the home around the 1840s and today the edifice is still used for the same purpose. It's now called the Grove Meat Co. When you visit, be sure to note the Georgian Revival architecture as well as the brickwork of the home.
Information for Renters
- To learn more about local events, government and the history of Blue Island, visit the city's official website.
- Check out the Chamber of Commerce website if you're interested in business of the community or if you'd like to become a member.