Find Houses for Rent in Johnston, IA
Johnston sits between Grimes and Saylor Creek. Homes for rent there allow individuals access to a booming agriculture-based economy and one of the best small cities in America, according to CNN Money magazine.
Facts for Renters About Johnston
- The city was first settled by a man named Ezekiel Hunt, who brought his family there in 1846 and built a sawmill.
- Johnston had many different names throughout its history, including Ridgedale, Beaver Creek Settlement and Huntsville. The current name comes from John F. Johnston, the freight supervisor of the railway that ran through the city.
- Johnston is home to several large agricultural corporations. These include the Pioneer Hi-Bred and John Deere Financial companies, which help keep the local economy stable and active.
Resources for Renters
- Renters can use the City of Johnston government website to learn about community projects, report concerns and sign up for notifications from different committees and organizations.
- For news, blogs, weather and classifieds, renters can explore the Johnston Patch, an online newspaper and community board for residents of Johnston.
- Information on school enrollment, sports, announcements and more can be found at the Johnston Community School District website.
Attractions Near Johnston
Johnston has some beautiful architecture, including the Paul and Ida Trier Residence. This was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, notable for being the architect of the Guggenheim Museum. In nearby Des Moines, renters can find many kinds of entertainment. Animal lovers can go to the Blank Park Zoo and say hello to creatures like the red panda and the snow leopard. Renters seeking excitement can go to Adventureland, which is filled with roller coasters and thrill rides. For old-fashioned fun, the Iowa State Fairgrounds have plenty to offer with festivals and carnivals.