Find Dream Houses for Rent in Clive, IA
This suburb is located next to Urbandale and West Des Moines. Homes for rent there offer access to serene parks and several miles of trails, allowing for an amazing outdoor experience right near the city.
Facts for Renters About Clive
- The land was developed by Jefferson Polk and Frederick Hubbell of the Union Land Company in order to help progress the growth of Iowa.
- Clive was originally a railway depot and mining city. The railway was laid in the region in the 1880's and the two industries eventually grew into the city.
- The Clive Historical Society is housed in the Swanson House, which was built in 1911. Both this and the original railway depot have been restored to preserve the city's historical roots.
Resources for Renters
- The City of Clive official website offers several services to renters. It can be used to pay tickets or bills, apply for jobs and find alerts during emergencies.
- Renters interested in the city's history can find plenty of information on the Clive Historical Society page, which is filled with pictures and facts about the area.
- To stay up to date on local news, renters can subscribe to The Des Moines Register, as well as read its Web page for articles and events.
Attractions Near Clive
For hot summer months, individuals can find some cooling fun in the aquatic center, which has a leisure pool, a lap pool and a lazy river. The city also hosts Clive After Five, a summer concert series that occurs once a week in Linnan Park. There are over a dozen parks for year-round outdoor exploration. Especially notable is Greenbelt Park, which has 11.3 miles of paved trails for walking, running and biking. There are also many restaurants in the area with options from sushi to American cuisine and beyond.