Discover Houses for Rent in Norton, MA
Norton is a beautiful community nestled in southern Massachusetts just 24 miles from Providence. Homes for rent are occupied by families and university students alike, as Wheaton College is located right in Norton. The college presence adds academic and spirited characteristics to an otherwise quiet town environment. However, this hasn't affected the town's safety - for more than a decade, Norton's crime rate has been substantially below the national average.
Helpful Information for Norton Renters
- Norton's TPC Golf Course hosts the annual Deutsche Bank Championship Golf Tournament on Labor Day weekend.
- Residents in Norton rentals love their serene environment, but when the need arises, Boston is less than an hour's drive away.
- Neighboring communities include Attleboro, Taunton and Plainville.
- Norton is a member of the Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce along with Foxborough and Mansfield.
3 Key Resources for Norton Families
- Local families are very involved in their children's education. You can get on board by visiting the Norton Public Schools website.
- Residents can use the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's commuter lines to travel between Norton, Boston and Providence. Check out schedules and route options on the MBTA website.
- The Norton Police Department has a Twitter feed that residents can follow for information on what's happening in town.
Things to Do in Norton
The beautiful Norton Reservoir is located in town, and kayaking or canoeing along the shoreline to take in the scenery is a favorite activity of Norton residents. For those with children, the Capron Park Zoo - located in nearby Attleboro - is another favorite. This zoo helps children understand the natural world by giving them opportunities to learn about nature conservation and get up close to the animals.