Discover Your Next House for Rent in Whitman, MA
Whitman, Mass., is one of Boston's premier bedroom communities and is located an easy 23 miles south of the city. This quiet, friendly town has homes for rent, rural areas and an old-timey main street, making it one of the more unique settings in the South Shore area. Whitman is part of the Metro South region, which is made up of 18 communities and known to have business resources, employment opportunities and a proud history.
5 Quick Facts for Whitman Renters
- Whitman originated as an area called Little Comfort in Bridgewater, but received its current name in 1886.
- According to City-Data, Whitman has a crime rate that's less than half of the United States' average rate.
- Whitman was home to Toll House Restaurant, the establishment at which the famous Toll House cookie was created and later sold to Nestle.
- Neighboring communities include Brockton, Abington and Rockland.
- If you enjoy fishing, Hobart Pond is a pretty popular destination known to have fish of varying sizes.
3 Great Whitman Resources
- Find information on the Whitman-Hanson Regional School District on an easy-to-navigate website.
- The Whitman Firefighters maintain an active Twitter page with updates on local affairs as well as information on how to stay safe.
- The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority has commuter lines that run through Whitman Station. Find schedules and transit options on the MBTA website.
Things to Do in and Around Whitman
Whitman is proud to offer unique events to South Shore residents and visitors. The Spooktakular Cruse N Classic Car Show takes place here annually and always draws in a large, excited crowd. The Carousel Family Fun Center is also located in Whitman and allows families to enjoy arcades, roller skating and shopping in a safe, fun environment.