Find Houses for Rent in Uxbridge, MA
Uxbridge is a town in Worcester Country and is approximately 27 minutes from the major city of Worcester. Homes for rent in this town give people access to major highways and cities, while still being located in a quiet community. Despite its close-knit feel, there's still plenty to do in Uxbridge. Take the kids to Southwick's Zoo for a day, where you can see multiple animal species. Pack in a little outdoor history and fun at the Blackstone River and Canal Heritage State Park, which has lots of trails to explore, or test out your swing at the Blissful Meadows Golf Club.
Facts for Renters
- Uxbridge was founded in 1727 and first put on the map after its developments during the Industrial Revolution. Uxbridge was able to power a lot of machines thanks to its location on the Blackstone Canal. The most notable industry for the region was textiles.
- The town was one of the most industrialized places in the country in the 1800s. Thousands of military uniforms were created here for more than 100 years.
- This community was named after the Earl of Uxbridge, who was from Uxbridge, England.
- Though it's a small town, Uxbridge played an active role in many movements, including women's suffrage, public education, public health and human rights.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this community better and find out how you can get involved in local government by visiting the Uxbridge website.
- Learn more about local schools in this region and discover how to fundraise by checking out the Uxbridge Public Schools website.
- Figure out what current events are coming up or just get the weekly weather by picking up a copy of the Uxbridge Times.