Discover Houses for Rent in Edison, NJ
The town of Edison, N.J., dates back to 1954, making it a distinctly modern community to call home. The town was named for Thomas Edison, as the famous inventor first recorded sound and worked on the incandescent light bulb in the Edison area while it was still unincorporated. Today, the town is a desirable place to live for families from all walks of life. If you're looking at homes for rent in Edison, you won't be disappointed in this suburban community.
5 Reasons to Love Edison
- Edison is located just 30 miles from the Big Apple, making the area ripe with opportunities for entertainment and employment.
- The town ranked on CNN/Money Magazine's Best Places to Live list.
- The town has low crime rates, many amenities, great schools and a healthy housing and rental market.
- Though most of the town is suburban in nature, it does have a dense core that's considered somewhat walkable.
- Parents have numerous options within the area when it comes to choosing schools for their kids. Edison's public school district has been ranked by New Jersey Monthly Magazine as one of the top districts in the state. There are also numerous private school options within the community.
Transportation in and Around Edison
- There are numerous roads running through Edison that connect renters to major East Coast cities like Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Washington, D.C. The roads include routes 27 and 440; interstates 87, 95 (the New Jersey Turnpike), 287 and 295; and the Garden State Parkway.
- Those hoping to utilize mass transit can get around via NJ Transit. The Northeast Corridor Line runs through the town, as do numerous bus routes.
Resources for Renters
- For more information on NJ Transit's service within Edison, try the organization's local page.
- Information on local news and happenings can be found on NJ.com's local Edison page.
- You can also learn about Edison on the town's homepage.