Discover Houses for Rent in Elmwood Park, NJ
Located just 20 miles from New York City, the borough of Elmwood Park, N.J., is a great place to call home. Elmwood Park wasn't always known by its current name - the community's residents only opted to change its title from East Paterson to Elmwood Park in 1972. It was around that same time that the borough took on a new identity as a suburban area, helping to catapult it to the level of rapport it still boasts today. Families seeking homes for rent in the New York suburbs will be happy to discover Elmwood Park.
5 Reasons to Love Elmwood Park
- Elmwood Park boasts a well-known low crime rate, making it a great place for families.
- The average commute time of renters living in Elmwood Park is shorter than that of the average New Jersey resident.
- Elmwood Park boasts numerous local amenities, including a variety of restaurants and dining options.
- Numerous parts of the borough - especially its core downtown area - are considered somewhat walkable, so renters who wish to ditch the car can accomplish their errands on foot.
- There are numerous attractive parks located throughout the borough, including Cherry Hill, Borough, Birchwood, Elmwood and Rosemont parks.
Transportation in and Around Elmwood Park
- Numerous important roadways run directly through Elmwood Park, including the Garden State Parkway and Interstate 80.
- NJ Transit offers numerous bus lines throughout the area.
Resources for Renters
- If you hope to utilize NJ Transit, take a look at the organization's homepage.
- Get the scoop on local happenings and news on NJ.com's local Elmwood Park page.
- Before planning your week, make sure to check the borough's local forecast.
- For more info on Elmwood Park, head to the borough's homepage.