Find Houses for Rent in Niagara Falls, NY
While Niagara Falls, N.Y., has always held a certain fascination for the American public, it also happens to be a pretty amazing place to find a home for rent. This city is so much more than a tourist destination, and its residents have the fortune to live near one of the greatest natural wonders in the world.
5 Intriguing Facts About Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls is filled with historical sites, as it was one of the battlegrounds during the War of 1812.
- The city first gained its reputation as the "Honeymoon Capital of the World" when Aaron Burr's daughter spent her honeymoon there in 1801.
- In 1901, a 63-year-old schoolteacher named Annie Taylor was the first person to attempt to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel. She survived.
- Every second, 3,160 tons of water flow over Niagara Falls.
- Three different waterfalls make up what's known as Niagara Falls: the American Falls, the Canadian Horseshoe Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls.
Top Resources for Niagara Falls Renters
- Want to be a tourist in your new hometown? Explore Niagara Falls State Park, which is the oldest state park in the U.S.
- The official website of the City of Niagara Falls can be a helpful resource whether you want to look up summer recreation activities or need information about downtown parking.
Things to Do in and Around Niagara Falls
Many of the activities in Niagara Falls revolve around the falls themselves. However, there are plenty of other things to do in this thriving city. Visit the Niagara Wine Trail, check out the botanical gardens or hit a few balls at one of the many golf courses in the area. Residents can also go shopping at the Fashion Outlets of Niagara or catch a free outdoor concert during the summer.