Find Houses for Rent in Advance, NC
Advance is a charming city located in Davie County. Mocksville and Bermuda Run are two surrounding cities just a few miles from Advance. The small, family-oriented community has plenty of homes for rent for those looking to experience the quintessential quiet, suburban atmosphere.
Facts for Renters
- In 1836, Davie County was named after William R. Davie, who served as an officer in the Revolutionary War and as a delegate to the 1787 Constitutional Convention. He was also North Carolina's governor for eleven years - from 1798 to 1799 - and helped found the University of North Carolina.
- The public school district that comprises Advance includes some of the best schools located throughout all of Colorado.
- Located only a couple of hours from the beach and various lakes, Advance is an outdoorsman's haven. The entire county offers scenic camping facilities as well as breathtaking trails for walking or horseback riding.
- Davie County is known for its variety of unique festivals and celebrations. Many are held at Mocksville's Junker's Mill Amphitheater - only a short car ride from Advance. There's also the nearby Daniel Boone Festival held every spring and the Textile Heritage Festival in neighboring Cooleemee during the fall. If that's not enough, every winter the county hosts its annual Hometown Christmas celebration as well.
- Advance is home to the only Arnold Palmer-designed golf club in the Winston-Salem area.
- The city is located only minutes from four different wineries known for producing world-class vino.
Resources for Renters