Find Houses for Rent in Piedmont, OK
Piedmont, Okla., is a city located in central Oklahoma in the far northeast corner of Canadian County, with a land area of 42.59 square miles. With exceptional schools and easy access to Oklahoma City, Piedmont is a great place for families looking for homes for rent. Piedmont prides itself on offering small-town hospitality while having big-city innovation.
5 Facts About Piedmont for Renters
- Piedmont was originally homesteaded in 1889 during the historic Land Run. However, it wasn't until 1904 when the St. Louis-El Reno-Western Railroad came to town that Piedmont prospered. The town was officially incorporated in 1909.
- During the 1970s, Piedmont experienced significant growth, and expanded in size from 1,400 acres to 23,330 acres.
- Piedmont has continued to grow in population over the years thanks to its close proximity to Oklahoma City. It remains one of the fastest growing communities in Oklahoma.
- The local school system contains five schools: two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school.
- Higher education institutions are within a 30-mile radius of Piedmont.
Key Resources for Piedmont Renters
- The Piedmont Daily, run by The Piedmont Citizen, is a local news source residents can read to keep up with community happenings. The Piedmont Citizen also has a Facebook page.
- The Piedmont Chamber of Commerce can give new residents information on the community and on local businesses.
- New residents can find out about city services at Piedmont's official website. The site contains information on utility services and other important resources for new residents.
Things to Do in Piedmont
- Check out the Piedmont Public Library for family-friendly events.
- Piedmont holds Founders' Day each year, which is a community celebration with events and fun activities for everyone in the family to enjoy.