Find Houses for Rent in Mequon, WI
Mequon is a city located in Ozaukee County. Some nearby cities include Milwaukee, Cedarburg and Grafton. Families looking for homes for rent will be attracted to Mequon for the numerous recreational opportunities available in the area. The city is home to over 25 parks and numerous acres of nature preserves. Some of the most prominent spots, where residents can appreciate natural beauty and wildlife, include Highland Woods, Rotary Park and the Mequon Nature Preserve. The latter option is spread out on 408 acres of preserved land and includes an observation tower and education centers.
Facts for Renters
- Before settlers arrived in the Mequon area, the spot was home to the Potawatomi Tribe and the Menominee Tribe. Once European explorers started to arrive, the name Mequon was given to the city. This title is thought to have been created as a combination between Native American and French words.
- The town of Mequon was officially incorporated as a city in 1957.
- The Mequon Thiensville School District runs three elementary schools, two middle schools and a high school. Mequon's education system has been repeatedly ranked the No. 1 school district in Wisconsin.
Resources for Renters
- People looking to make Mequon their new home will enjoy checking out the city's website.
- Mequon is home to Concordia University. Renters will want to look at the school's site to take advantage of the college's athletic and cultural events.
- The Frank L. Weyenberg Library of Mequon-Thiensville provides residents with plenty of events and programs, including a program specifically geared toward exposing residents to the fine arts, which potential residents will definitely want to check out.