Discover Houses for Rent in Scottsboro, AL
For a small city, Scottsboro has an appealing selection of attractions, especially for those who like fishing and golfing. Easy access to nearby Guntersville Lake may make homes for rent in Scottsboro a superb choice for lovers of aquatic activities. If the amenities of Scottsboro itself aren't enough, Huntsville is less than an hour away and has an even greater variety of destinations.
Intriguing Things to Know About Scottsboro
- Before becoming a city, the Town of Scottsboro received its first council members and mayor in February 1869. These officials were appointed by the governor of Alabama abiding at the time, William Smith.
- The first jail in Scottsboro was created in 1867, when it became the county seat. Prior to this time, the County Sheriff provided law enforcement services.
- The first official law enforcement officer of Scottsboro was I.M. Cunningham, who was appointed as Marshall at the first meeting of the town council.
Useful Resources for Renters in Scottsboro
- The City of Scottsboro has a helpful website chock-full of tools for residents in the community.
- Community news and information about local businesses and events are available on the Greater Jackson County Chamber of Commerce website.
- To stay in the loop about what's going on in public education, parents can investigate the website of the Scottsboro City School District.
What to Do in Scottsboro
To have a bit of outdoor fun and enjoy the beauty of nature, renters will want to check out Jackson County Park. Scenic vistas abound on the park grounds and can be viewed from in, on or near the water of Guntersville Lake. A swimming area is available for those who want to take a dip, and a boat slip allows visitors to venture away from the shore. Back on dry land, golfers can play to their hearts' content at one of the golfing destinations in the area, such as Goose Pond Colony Plantation or Scottsboro Golf & Country Club.