Find Your Dream House for Rent in Newington, CT
Newington is a moderately sized town located in the middle of Hartford County in Connecticut. Situated nearby Hartford, the state capital, and Farmington, this suburb contains many homes for rent that would be perfect for a family looking to settle down in a quiet area that still has many of the conveniences and excitement of city life. Downtown Hartford features restaurants and shopping, and Newington is within a 2-hour drive of both Boston and New York City. For athletic types, the Indian Hill Golf Club offers pristinely manicured fairways and greens only minutes from home.
Important Resources for Newington Residents
- The Newington municipal website offers regular updates on announcements from City Hall, dates and times for meetings on environmental and economic issues and information on community activities.
- For entrepreneurs, the Newington Chamber of Commerce is offers financial and strategic assistance to help any business get its feet off the ground and make the community a more vibrant place to live and work.
- Families with children should look into the Newington Public School District. With four elementary schools, two middle schools and a high school, kids will not need to travel far for a quality education.
Things to Do for Residents of Newington
- Newington is home to the headquarters of the American Radio Relay League, the largest membership association of amateur radio enthusiasts in the U.S. The ARRL offers educational and training courses on how to get involved with radio equipment today.
- Newington's Mill Pond Falls is home to the smallest natural waterfall in the U.S., and the town celebrates this annually with the Newington Waterfall Festival.
Make a Life in Newington
With activities and culture for residents of all ages, Newington may be the perfect place to raise a family.