Find Houses for Rent in Farmington, CT
Farmington borders the eastern edge of Bristol and lies 15 minutes west of Hartford. A number of local attractions are close to homes for rent in Farmington to supplement the diverse amenities of nearby Hartford.
Interesting Farmington Facts
- Sequasin, chief of the Tunxis Indians, sold land to approximately one dozen settlers hailing from Wethersfield, Hartford and Windsor in 1640.
- The initial transaction that ceded land to settlers was recognized in 1650, allowing a reservation of land for the Tunxis Indians on the eastern side of the Farmington River.
- The Connecticut General Assembly officially established Farmington as a town in 1645.
- Indians and settlers conducted trade according to an established agreement after the founding of the town. Records made by Martin Bull show exchanges of tallow for a hatchet and bushels of corn for hoes.
Useful Farmington Tools
- Information about the local services, economic development and government can be found at the Town of Farmington official website.
- The Farmington Public Schools website makes educational resources accessible for both parents and teachers.
- To learn more about membership to the organization and upcoming events, renters can check out the website of the Farmington Chamber of Commerce.
Recreational Activities in Farmington
Farmington rentals are near various attractions, from golf clubs to museums. The Tunxis Plantation Country Club, for instance, is home to three different golf courses, a pro shop and a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Hill-Stead Museum, on the other hand, presents art works in diverse mediums, including sculptures, paintings, furnishings, architecture, prints, drawings and textiles. To experience a taste of local dining, renters can stop by Cugino's of Farmington Restaurant to sample a variety of Italian dishes. A short ride away, in Hartford, the Connecticut Science Center offers exhibits to capture the imagination of children of all ages, such as Planet Earth, Invention Dimension and Picture of Health.