Find Your Next House for Rent in Rocky Hill, CT
With a history that dates back to 1650 - or the Mesozoic Era, depending on what's being counted - Rocky Hill, Conn., has long attracted a variety of residents. Today, homes for rent in Rocky Hill are popular among Hartford and New Haven commuters, who are drawn to the community's excellent schools, great restaurants and extensive outdoor recreation options.
Key Facts About Rocky Hill
- First settled in 1650, the area at the southern end of Wethersfield known as Stepney Parish became its own town in 1843. It was named after a prominent ridge that's now part of Rocky Hill Quarry Park.
- Established in 1655, the Rocky-Hill Glastonbury Ferry, which crosses the Connecticut River, is the nation's oldest continuously operating ferry service.
- Just a 15-minute drive from downtown Hartford and a half-hour drive from New Haven, Rocky Hill is popular among commuters. It's been named as one of CNN/Money Magazine's "Top 100 Best Places To Live."
Top 4 Resources for Rocky Hill Renters
- Find out about community news and access city services on the Town of Rocky Hill's official website.
- Access resources for parents and learn about the latest from the local schools through the home page for the Rocky Hill Public Schools.
- Look up information for public transit options into and around Hartford on the CT Transit website.
- Stay up to date on local news by reading the award-winning Hartford Courant, one of the nation's most celebrated newspapers.
Things To Do Around Rocky Hill
Rocky Hill residents enjoy access to some of the Hartford area's most popular parks and outdoor spaces, including the Connecticut River. Dinosaur State Park is perfect for families looking to learn about prehistoric times or simply stroll its diverse arboretum. Within the historic downtown, renters can enjoy great restaurants and shops or learn about the area's rich history in the exhibits at Academy Hall. Additionally, residents can head to nearby Hartford to enjoy a wide variety of arts, while New York and Boston are each just two hours away, making it easy to take in all of the region's best attractions.