222 Houses for Rent in Oak Forest, Illinois
Number of Bedrooms
Oak Forest House Options
Locate Houses for Rent in Oak Forest, IL
Homes for rent in Oak Forest are located a mere 24 miles from downtown Chicago, making commutes to and from the city easy on a weekday basis. With parks, meadows and golf courses all within walking distance of many rental homes, Oak Forest can be a great bet for just about any family, couple or individual.
Things Oak Forest Renters Should Know
- Oak Forest got its name because it's largely surrounded by several Cook County Forest Preserves.
- Short story writer George Saunders graduated from Oak Forest High School.
- While most of Oak Forest is part of the 1st Congressional District of the state, some small parts in the southeast corner of the city are part of the 2nd District.
Key Resources for Renters in Oak Forest
- Get details on the city codes and ordinances, download city maps and look up resident information at the City of Oak Forest official website.
- Learn about annual events, look up local membership and take a look at the upcoming calendar at the Oak Forest - Crestwood Area Chamber of Commerce website.
- Learn about computer and community resources as well as the local book and digital magazine options at the Acorn Public Library District website.
Top Things to Do in Oak Forest
With a name like Oak Forest, there are always natural areas to enjoy. Residents can choose from Midlothian Meadows, the St. Mihiel Reservation or the Oak Forest Park District, among others, to enjoy a day outside. Golfing enthusiasts have met their match in the local course, the George W. Dunne Golf Course and Driving Range, which was designed by famous golf course developer Dick Nugent.