Discover Homes for Rent in Cohasset, MA
Cohasset is a bayside town just 25 miles south of Boston. This quaint municipality is characterized by its scenic views of the ocean and colonial homes. The town is primarily residential, though many businesses make their home along Route 3-A, which runs through the center of town. Those who are looking for a cozy place by the sea may find homes for rent in Cohasset to be just what they're seeking.
Things Cohasset Renters Should Know
- Since the 1920s, St. Stephen's Church has been putting on concerts with its carillon composed of 56 bells.
- Many residents commute to Boston for work via car, commuter rail or by a commuter boat provided in the neighboring town of Hingham.
- Cohasset is home to Minot's Light, a famous lighthouse built in 1850, destroyed by a storm in 1851 and rebuilt again in 1860. The lighthouse continues to offer navigational aid to seafarers.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Cohasset
- A variety of resources are available at the Town of Cohasset's official website, including pages on local government and documentation for residents.
- The Cohasset Chamber of Commerce offers useful links with information about the town and its businesses on its website.
- Commuter schedules, maps and fares for Cohasset may be explored on the website of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
Recreational Activities in Cohasset
Cohasset has multiple establishments that may tickle the fancy of art enthusiasts, including the galleries of non-profit South Shore Art Center along Main Street and Blue Heron Fine Art near Cohasset Harbor. Residents can also enjoy a day of intellectual exploration at the Paul Pratt Memorial Library, while the Our World's Children Discover Museum may augment education with its programs and playgrounds. Outside the town, the metropolitan excitement of Boston is only 30 minutes north, while the beautiful beaches of Cape Cod are just over an hour to the south.