Locate Houses for Rent in Averill Park, NY
A tiny hamlet just 13 miles from Albany, Averill Park, N.Y., is definitely a good place for raising a family in a peaceful community away from the din of the city. Homes for rent in Averill Park have close access to beautiful scenic areas and the great towns and cities of upstate New York.
Interesting Things to Know for Averill Park Renters
- Averill Park is in Rensselaer County and is closely associated historically with its geographical neighbor, Sand Lake.
- Students in kindergarten through grade 12 are served by the Averill Park Central School District, which has three elementary schools, a middle school and a high school. Along with Averill Park, the district serves nine other communities in Rensselaer County. Nearby institutions of higher learning include the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Siena College and Hudson Valley Community College.
- Nearby Albany offers a variety of public transportation options, including Amtrak, which provides rail service from the Albany-Rensselaer Station and air travel from the Albany International Airport.
Good Resources for Renters in Averill Park
- The Albany Times Union provides local news coverage of stories and events relevant to Averill Park residents.
- Averill Park's official website is good a place for new residents to check out, as it offers information about public services, the hamlet's history and live weather updates.
Things to Do in and Around Averill Park
Like many small communities in upstate New York, Averill Park is located close-by an array of gorgeous natural sites and recreation opportunities, including Crystal Lake, Glass Lake and the 4,153-acre Capital District Wildlife Management Area, which offers hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding trails, cross-country skiing and some opportunities to hunt, trap and fish. A day trip to Albany might include a performance at the Palace Theatre, dinner on Madison Avenue and a visit to the Erastus Corning Tower, the tallest building in the state not located in New York City.