Discover Your Next House for Rent in Clifton Park, NY
Clifton Park, N.Y., is an ideally located suburb for workers in several upstate New York cities to find homes for rent that help balance work, life and play. Just 7 miles northeast of Schenectady, 10 miles south of Saratoga Springs and 12 miles north of Albany, as well as near to a number of parks and cultural attractions, Clifton Park offers a little of everything right in the town's backyard.
Interesting Facts Clifton Park Renters Should Know
- Clifton Park was originally incorporated in 1828, when it was mostly farmland. When Interstate 87 was built through the town in the 1900s, its population took off.
- Public school students are served by three different districts. Most of the town is served by the Shenendehowa Central School District, which has eight elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools, which boasts highly celebrated men's soccer and cross-country teams. The Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central School District and Niskayuna Central School District serve the rest of the town's students.
- There are a number of institutions of higher learning near Clifton Park, including Union College in Schenectady and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy.
- Public transit options are available close to Clifton Park. These include Amtrak, which offers rail service from stations in Albany and Schenectady, the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority, which provides regional bus travel, and the Albany International Airport for air travel needs.
Great Resources for Renters in Clifton Park
- Clifton Park's official website is the first stop for new residents - it's got public information, events listings and articles about life in the town.
- The town's community-run website offers information about goings-on in the town in an interactive multimedia format.
Things to Do in and Around Clifton Park
The Grooms Tavern Complex is a cool attraction that shows off the town's history. Kinns Road Park and the Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve, located on the Mohawk River, provide some up-close interaction with the area's beautiful natural surroundings.