349 Houses for Rent in Springfield, Ohio
Number of Bedrooms
Springfield House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Springfield, OH
Springfield is a mid-sized suburban city located near Tipp City and Troy. Only a 30-minute drive to downtown Dayton, homes for rent in Springfield are never far away from the action of a large city. However, Springfield itself offers plenty of entertainment of its own, with golf courses, shopping centers and athletic complexes dotting the city wherever you go.
Fun Facts About Springfield
- Springfield got its name from the similarly titled city in Massachusetts. Settled in 1801, the residents wanted to commemorate the role that the Springfield Armory played in defending the Bay State's citizens from attacks during King Philip's War of 1676 and Shays' Rebellion of 1787.
- Springfield was once the last stop for the National Road, the first major highway ever built by the federal government. It stretched from Washington, D.C., and reached Ohio in 1818, but by 1837 the road ended in Illinois.
- The Springfield Country Club is almost as historic as the city itself - built in 1922, this 18-hole championship golf course sprawls across the rolling Ohio landscape for a total of 6,684 yards.
Important Resources for Springfield Renters
- Springfield is home to not one, but two institutions of higher education. Wittenberg University occupies the center of town, while Clark State Community College is located just north of I-70.
- Renters should keep an eye on the City of Springfield's official website. Officials regularly update the site with news on changes to important ordinances, health care opportunities and support for businesses.
- For information on events around town, check out the Greater Springfield website. With listings on the area's impressive collection of antique shops and recommendations for day trips, renters will never have a dull moment.