Explore Houses for Rent in Beacon Falls, CT
Beacon Falls is located a short ride south of Naugatuck and Waterbury. Homes for rent in Beacon Falls may attract nature-loving renters as well as culture mavens thanks to nearby Waterbury and the Naugatuck State Forest.
Intriguing Facts About Beacon Falls
- In 1871, portions of the communities of Naugatuck, Bethany, Seymour and Oxford were joined together with the incorporation of Beacon Falls.
- Settlers from Derby arrived in the Beacon Falls area and established residences in 1678.
- Thomas Sanford created friction matches for the first time in Beacon Falls in 1834. Sanford later sold his formula for a price of $10.
- Beacon Hill, a reconnaissance position for monitoring the actions of unfriendly Indians, served as the inspiration for the title of Beacon Falls.
Tools for Beacon Falls Renters
- Information about the public library, local departments and boards & commissions can be found at the official website of the Town of Beacon Falls.
- The Naugatuck Regional Chamber of Commerce website provides resources for renters interested in getting involved in area business and events.
- At the website of the Region 16 Partnership for Excellence, parents of children in grades K-12 can learn more about academic opportunities in Beacon Falls.
Things to Do in Beacon Falls
Beacon Falls rentals are close to the Naugatuck State Forest, which offers renters the chance to enjoy a number of activities. For example, the forest permits hiking, hunting, fishing, target shooting, snowmobiling, mountain biking and letterboxing. Oil Drum Art may catch the eye of nature and art enthusiasts with its various works designed with oil barrels and environmental issues in mind. In Waterbury, the Mattatuck Museum allows visitors to experience both artistic and historical exhibits, while the Waterbury Palace Theatre hosts musicals, concerts and other types of live performances.