Explore Houses for Rent in Deep River, CT
Nestled between Killingworth and Essex, Deep River is situated on the Connecticut River, less than 20 miles from the Long Island Sound. Thanks to nearby waters, homes for rent in Deep River can attract renters with aquatic proclivities.
Interesting Facts About Deep River
- Deep River acquired its current name in 1947, though it was recognized as Saybrook when it was incorporated in 1859. Before its incorporation, Deep River was known as Potapaug Quarter or Eight Mile Meadow.
- The history of Deep River includes periods of industrial activity, including early quarrying and shipbuilding activities. Subsequently, the town produced piano keys, lace, wire goods, ivory combs and glass.
Useful Tools for Renters in Deep River
- With the resources available at the Town of Deep River municipal website, renters can learn more about boards & commissions, local departments and the town budget.
- Information about economic affairs and community events near Deep River is available at the Old Saybrook Connecticut Chamber of Commerce website.
- The website of Regional School District #4 can assist parents interested in sending their children to public schools.
Deep River Recreation
Nature lovers living in Deep River rentals have easy access to the Bushy Hill Nature Center, which provides programs for those looking to explore the nearby wilderness. The center offers visitors the chance to check out a functioning farm, roam miles of trails and try out an extensive ropes course on more than 700 acres of grounds. A short ride outside of town, Hammonasset Beach State Park allows activities that can be fun for people of all ages. For instance, the park has beaches for swimming, walking trails, campsites, picnic areas and a nature center.