Discover Houses for Rent in Griswold, Connecticut
Griswold is in New London County. Nearby cities include Preston, Norwich and Ledyard. The city is a stone's throw away from the short and just a short drive to Westerly, Rhode Island, which is known for its beautiful beaches and fun vibe. The Pachaug State Forest- the largest one in the state- is adjacent to Griswold. Visitors are welcome to explore the 24,000 acres that spans across five towns. It's a great spot to go fishing, hiking or boating. The outdoor amenity is just one reason why Griswold is a great location for families looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Griswold
- During the warmer months, take advantage of Connecticut's beautiful weather by visiting the Connecticut College Arboretum or the Mohegan Park and Rose Garden.
- Gillette Castle State Park in Hebron is a great spot for sightseeing. From there, you can take in breathtaking views of the state. Be sure to bring your camera!
- When it's cold out, take your kids to the Rosegarden Ice Arena, where they can see hockey games, enjoy a skate or take a lesson. The ISI WeSkate Program is open for kids ages three and up.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website if you're thinking about moving to the area and are looking for a job. On the site you'll also find job listings and resources that are helpful for getting yourself acquainted with the town like information on local government and various departments.
- Check out the Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce if you're thinking about joining the organization. On the site, you'll find an events calendar and a blurb on what it's like to work and live in the area.