Explore Houses for Rent in Portland, Connecticut
Portland is in Middlesex County. Nearby cities include Cromwell, Rocky Hill and Middletown. The city is about halfway between Westerly, Rhode Island - known for it's pretty beaches - and Hartford - the hub of the state where you can find everything from museums to music venues. Portland is the perfect place for families looking for homes for rent because you can raise your children in a rural area, but travel to the city for special occasions. Don't miss the Apple Harvest Festival, which attracts more than 100,000 visitors to the area. Get there early to enjoy a fun-filled day of mouthwatering foods and carnival rides.
Fun Facts about Portland
- If you love going out to eat, you won't soon find a shortage of places in Portland. The area boasts everything from family-owned pizza joints to cafes to upscale restaurants.
- Let the kids unwind at the Kidcity Children's Museum. There, they can play on the indoor playscape and explore replica underwater caves, pirate ships and farms.
- Wine lovers should tour the Arrigoni Winery to sample its collection of locally-grown varietals. Both indoor and outdoor seating are available.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website, which is a great resource to learn more about Portland's history and government. You can also access a list of upcoming community events to get a feel for the vibe of the area.
- Check out the Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce to find out how to become a member. The website is also a good tool to get to known the business side of Portland.