Find Houses for Rent in Avon, CT
Avon, a suburban town just outside of Hartford, has a varied topography and a long history. Thanks to the combination of a rich past and a variety of local amenities, homes for rent in Avon can appeal to many renters.
Interesting Avon Facts
- Avon is named after the Avon River of England and was incorporated as a town with the title in 1830.
- The population of Avon nearly tripled from 1,057 to 3,171 between 1880 and 1950.
- Avon has a diverse landscape, with terrain ranging from river lowlands to the western highlands.
- At the time of its incorporation, Avon was home to a blacksmith, harness and carriage shops and three hotels.
- Avon played a role as an inland port during its early years. The Towpath Canal is the main motif of the Town Seal of Avon, preserving the community's heritage of water-based commerce.
Advantageous Avon Resources
- The Avon Chamber of Commerce website hosts pages about the organization and membership while providing updates on local events.
- Renters can learn more about area government, officials and regulations at the Town of Avon municipal website.
- Academic information can be found at the website of Avon Public Schools.
Recreational Activities in Avon
Art enthusiasts living in Avon rentals can stop by the Farmington Valley Arts Center to experience exhibits, attend events or pick up new creative skills through the organization's educational programs. Just north of Avon, renters can explore 5 miles of trails at the Roaring Brook Nature Center and get in touch with the local landscape. The center also has a number of live animals for visitors to encounter and a model Eastern Woodland Indian longhouse. Additionally, there are several golf clubs near Avon, such as the Golf Club of Avon and Tower Ridge Country Club.