Find Your Next House for Rent in Woodland Park, NJ
A beautiful suburban borough located just 15 miles from Newark, Woodland Park, N.J., offers a pleasant neighborly feel and several open green spaces. Those looking for homes for rent in Woodland Park should take note of the borough's community and quality-of-life benefits for young families.
Interesting Things Woodland Park Renters Should Know
- Woodland Park was originally incorporated in 1914 as West Paterson. Residents voted to change the borough's name to Woodland Park in 2009.
- Public transit options include bus service to New York's Port Authority Bus Terminal and other nearby locations. The Newark Liberty International Airport is about a half-hour's drive away.
- The Woodland Park School District serves students from kindergarten through grade eight. High school students attend Passaic Valley Regional High School, which they share with students from Totowa and Little Falls, where the school is located.
Fantastic Resources for Renters in Woodland Park
- Woodland Park's official website is a good place for new residents to find information about civic organizations and public departments.
- The Woodland Park section of NJ.com provides coverage of news and events of interest to borough residents.
Things to Do in and Around Woodland Park
Green scenery is one of Woodland Park's best assets. Among outdoor recreational areas are two large parks that form most of the borough's eastern border - one is the 568-acre Garret Mountain Reservation, which has 8 miles of trails used for hiking, dog-walking and cross-country skiing, as well as the Lambert Castle. The other is the 225-acre Rifle Camp Park, which has hiking trails, a nature center and astronomical observatory and vertical cliffs that provide beautiful panoramic vistas. McBride Ave. is lined with an array of local restaurant and shopping options. Nearby Newark offers a bevy of attractions for day trips, including the Newark Museum and New Jersey Performing Arts Center.