Locate Your Next House for Rent in Mount Laurel, NJ
Boasting enchanting parks and a diverse set of historic landmarks, Mount Laurel, N.J., is a beautiful place to live. For families looking for a home for rent in the town, a good education system and very low crime rate make the Mount Laurel an appealing option.
3 Key Things to Know for Mount Laurel Renters
- Mount Laurel is a good place to live if you're commuting to a job in one of the nearby cities, as it's about a half-hour commute to Philadelphia and a little less than a half-hour drive to Camden.
- Local students attend one of six elementary schools and two middle schools through the Mount Laurel Schools district. High school students go to Lenape High School, located one town over in Medford.
- Public transportation offers several great ways to get to close-by urban areas for work or for play. The New Jersey Transit system provides bus service to Philadelphia, while the Greyhound Lines can get you from Mount Laurel to New York City, Atlantic City and other destinations.
Great Resources for Mount Laurel Renters
- The town maintains an engaging, interactive website, which discusses business opportunities and community events in the area, and has a special section to help guide new residents through their arrival in town.
- The Mount Laurel Sun offers both an online version of its newspaper and a frequently updated Twitter account to keep locals abreast of current events and cultural happenings in Mount Laurel.
Things to Do in and Around Mount Laurel
The town boasts a thriving parks and recreation system, the crown jewel of which is the award-winning Laurel Acres Park, home to playgrounds, sports fields, a fishing lake and the town's war memorial. Every year, 15,000 residents congregate at the park to celebrate the Mount Laurel Fall Festival. Those wanting to enjoy some time in the city can head to Camden or Philadelphia to hit up the Adventure Aquarium or go to the Wells Fargo Center to catch a Flyers hockey game.