156 Houses for Rent in Madison, Ohio
Number of Bedrooms
Madison House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Houses for Rent in Madison, OH
Madison is a quaint village located in Lake County. It's approximately 45 minutes from the shoreline city of Cleveland. Homes for rent allow families to explore the charming Debonne Vineyards, watch a show at the Rabbit Run Community Arts Association or try some vino at the Maple Ridge Winery.
Facts for Renters
- Madison was named after the president James Madison. It wasn't formally established by settlers until 1867. Yet people began to arrive to the community in the late 1790s.
- Many of the settlers earned a living by farming on the plethora of land in the area or being a fisherman at the nearby Lake Erie.
- Before the Civil War began, many locals helped free slaves who were running from the South and helped guide them into Canada using the Underground Railroad.
- After the invention of the automobile, many settlers continued to come to the area as they could travel farther distances for work, such as to Cincinnati.
- Today, the village is known as a quiet and close community that isn't a far commute from the city. Residents get the best of both worlds with rural landscapes and a nearby metropolitan paradise.
Resources for Renters
- Find out how to enroll your children in local schools or when the school holidays are by visiting the Madison School District website.
- Get your daily fix for breaking news and current events in the village by reading the local publication the Madison Press.
- Learn more about this charming area by visiting the Madison Village website, which has information on things to do in the region and local resources.