361 Houses for Rent in Canton, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Canton House Options
Find Houses for Rent in Canton, CT
Canton is situated roughly 20 minutes from Hartford and borders the town of Avon. Thanks to nearby Nepaug State Forest, homes for rent in Canton are close to plenty of green space in addition to the attractions of Hartford.
Interesting Facts About the Canton Area
- Canton is within miles of the Connecticut River, which starts its course from Fourth Connecticut Lake near Chartierville, Quebec. The river, along with its eponymous state, takes its name from a Pequot word that signifies "long tidal river."
- Farmington River is even closer to Canton and flows for 81 miles. The river's watershed spans 609 square miles, hosting 409 dams on the Connecticut side.
- Canton lies between the Barkhamstead Reservoir and the Nepaug Reservoir.
Helpful Canton Resources
- The Canton Chamber of Commerce website provides information about events, joining the organization, personnel and promoting your enterprise.
- A variety of tools can be found at the Town of Canton municipal website, such as online documents and applications.
- Renters can explore the educational possibilities of Canton at the website of Canton Public Schools.
Recreation in Canton
Nepaug State Forest is located in close proximity to Canton rentals, lying on the town's western border. The forest is a suitable site for fishing, hunting, hiking, cross-country skiing, biking, letterboxing and camping. Renters interested in examining artifacts from different time periods can stop by the Canton Historical Museum to witness textiles, Indian objects, saddles and mustache cups. In Hartford, The Wadsworth Atheneum hosts exhibits and collections that display diverse artworks, from American decorative art to European sculpture. Hartford nightlife can be experienced at The Russell Restaurant, which hosts live musical performances and serves salads, flatbreads, sandwiches and entrees for hungry diners.