Explore Houses for Rent in Auburn, Maine
Auburn is in Androscoggin County. Nearby cities include Lisbon, Poland and Norway. It's less than 60 minutes to Portland, a charming tourist attraction that boasts summer festivals, a diverse dining scene and a string of cute shops and boutiques. Because it's so close, you can easily head to this city for a few hours and return home afterward, or you can pack your bags and take a stay-cation that's close to home. This is only one reason Auburn is the perfect place for families looking for homes for rent. Auburn offers plenty of family-friendly and inexpensive activities including fishing, dining out and exploring museums.
Fun Facts about Auburn
- Several art and cultural facilities, many of which are affiliated with non-profit community organization Art and Culture Lewis-Auburn, dot the area. Locals can indulge in live music and art shows by catching a show at the Community Little Theatre or soak up the city's history by frequenting the Museum L-A.
- Each year, residents and visitors look forward to the Great Falls Balloon Festival, touted as one of the best offerings in the area. It promises live music, tasty food and carnival rides amidst the launching of hot air balloons.
- Celebrate the seasons by attending community events like Winter Festival, a 10-day event where kids can go showshoeing, snow rafting and ice skating.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website if you're thinking about moving. The website has more information about upcoming festivals, exciting restaurants and other places in town.
- Check out the Auburn Chamber of Commerce if you're curious about business life in Auburn. Membership resources are on the site as well as upcoming events and chamber news.