Search for Houses for Rent in Caldwell, NJ
Caldwell, N.J., is situated 23 miles from New York City and 14 miles from Newark, N.J. Though it functions as a suburb of both cities, Caldwell evolved as an independent city prior to suburban development. Those searching for homes for rent in Caldwell will discover a historic borough with a picture-perfect location that is poised to continue growing throughout the foreseeable future.
Most Popular Parks in Caldwell
Those living in a rental in Caldwell will enjoy access to a variety of top-notch parks and recreation areas.
- Grover Cleveland Park, located on Brookside Avenue, features more than 40 acres of dense forests and natural bounty. Residents can make use of the park's fieldhouse, ice skating and fishing amenities, tennis courts and jogging paths.
- Camp Wyanokie is located at the edge of Norvin Green State Forest. This delightful retreat is comprised of more than 150 acres of natural space. Boasting gorgeous scenery, the park also offers camping and picnic options.
Other Top Attractions in Caldwell
In addition to its attractive parks, there are a few must-sees in and around Caldwell that renters will want to check out.
- The Caldwell Farmers Market offers a bountiful array of locally grown produce and artisan goods. As part of the Jersey Fresh program, products sold here give residents a chance to connect on a gastronomic level with the local area.
- Late former president Grover Cleveland was born in Caldwell. Pay homage to this American leader by visiting the Grover Cleveland Birthplace Memorial.
Amenities in Downtown Caldwell
Downtown Caldwell also offers entertainment and amenities for local residents.
- Antiques - A variety of locally owned antiques and collectibles stores line Bloomfield Avenue.
- Jewelry - Whether you're seeking costume or fine jewelry, one of the jewelry retailers in downtown Caldwell is sure to have what you're seeking.
- Restaurants - Though Caldwell is technically suburban, don't accuse this borough of being big-box. The majority of the restaurants in town are locally owned and are located along Bloomfield Avenue.