Find Houses for Rent in Glen Ridge, NJ
Glen Ridge, N.J., is a historic and desirable borough located just 15 miles outside of New York City. The town is also situated just 3 miles north of East Orange, one of the more populous suburban communities in the area. As such, Glen Ridge is a very suburban community with close proximity to the many amenities of the New York City metro area. Whether affordable homes for rent, easy access to transit or historic charm draws you to Glen Ridge, you're sure to find the perfect place to call home.
3 Fun Facts About Glen Ridge
- Gaslights are a point of pride for Glen Ridge renters. These charming and historic light sources have been well preserved throughout the borough, and 666 of the nation's 3,000 remaining gaslights are located within the community.
- Thanks to its historic routes, much of Glen Ridge was constructed around traditional city blocks. That's made the community much more walkable than typical suburban constructions.
- Glen Ridge was ranked by New Jersey Monthly Magazine as one of the best places to live in the state.
Glen Ridge: A Great Place to Learn
- Glen Ridge's public schools have consistently been ranked as some of the best in the state.
- Schools in the community include Forest Avenue School, Linden Avenue School, Ridgewood Avenue School and Glen Ridge High School.
- Public schools in the area boast active arts programs, anti-bullying campaigns and other helpful programs for parents and students.
Resources for Renters
- If you and your family are moving to Glen Ridge, make sure to take a look at the local school district's homepage.
- For info on local news and happenings, check out the borough's homepage.
- Glen Ridge is very conveniently located. For info on transit options, head to NJ Transit's website.