Explore Houses for Rent in Sterrett, AL
A small community nestled in the Alabama countryside, Sterrett offers renters a unique opportunity to live in a natural space with plenty of fresh air. Homes for rent in Sterrett are close to destinations for rural activities like horseback riding, locations for shopping and the urban center of Birmingham.
Interesting Facts Sterrett Renters Should Know
- Sterrett is a part of Shelby County, which has been around since the early 1800s. Shelby County, along with Birmingham, was originally settled by victors of the Battle of Horseshoe Bend.
- Birmingham suffered a severe cholera epidemic in 1873 that led thousands to leave the city. However, Birmingham was able to survive the outbreak and an economic crisis thanks to the area's mineral resources.
- Many of the first settlers in Shelby County in locations like Sterrett arrived by packhorse, taking with them their household items and families.
Helpful Sterrett Resources
- Those new to Sterrett may want to check out Shelby County's official website for information about the region and its local affairs.
- The Shelby County Sheriff's Office maintains a website to help residents with queries pertaining to criminal activity and gun permits.
- Parents with questions about education in the area may find answers at the Shelby County Schools website.
Recreational Activities in Sterrett
Green lovers and fitness aficionados living in Sterrett have an option to play a few holes or get some exercise at Greystone Country Club. The club is home to two golf courses, tennis courts and pool facilities. For avid shoppers, the Bama Flea Mall and Antique Center is the place to go, with almost 60,000 square feet of shopping space and more than 400 sellers. Horse lovers will want to check out Hidden Creek Ranch, which offers rodeo training and riding instruction in addition to therapeutic programs.