Discover Houses for Rent in Chelsea, AL
Homes for rent in Chelsea, AL give residents a chance to live in a quiet, rural, family-friendly community just 18 miles southeast of Birmingham. With all of the commerce of a major city and the southern charm people expect in Alabama, Chelsea gives families and young couples the perfect place to settle down.
Important Things to Know About Chelsea
- Chelsea has increased by over 1,000 percent in the past two decades, but there's plenty more room for new citizens in the city's more than 21 square miles.
- Reading is important. Chelsea's library is more than just a place for kids to pick out books. With a wide range of media resources for all ages, the public library is a place where the community can come together.
- With a variety of outdoor athletic complexes, Chelsea boasts strong athletics for young residents through high school.
- Chelsea give residents a wide range of environments, whether it's the convenient shopping on Route 280 or thickly wooded hills and mountains nearby.
Three Resources for Future Chelsea residents
- Chelsea public schools are part of the Shelby County School District, which focuses on pairing strong academics with versatile extracurricular activities. The district has more than 30 schools, including five in Chelsea, with over 20,000 students.
- Run by a mayor and city council, the City of Chelsea operates effectively whether it's passing a budget, keeping citizens safe or planning its annual Christmas Parade.
- As part of Shelby County, Chelsea rentals can take advantage of various county-wide activities and services.
What to do in Chelsea
Whether it's watching the Chelsea High School boys football team thump the competition, exploring the nearby wilderness or taking part in one of the many community activities, there's no shortage of family fun in Chelsea.