157 Houses for Rent in East Haven, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
East Haven House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in East Haven, CT
East Haven is situated on the Long Island Sound, across the Quinnipiac River from New Haven. Homes for rent in East Haven are within short reach of the attractions of New Haven and water-side views of the nearby sound.
Intriguing East Haven Facts
- The first fire department of East Haven was constructed in 1900, while the police department was established in the basement of city hall in 1928 and was relocated to north High Street in 1972.
- East Haven was initially incorporated as a village in the 1650s and was officially recognized as a town by the early 1900s.
- During the late 1800s and the beginning of the 20th century East Haven was known as a vacation spot.
Helpful East Haven Resources
- The Town of East Haven municipal website hosts a variety of links that cover topics ranging from public services to town hall departments.
- Renters interested in exploring economic opportunities and community events in East Haven can check out the East Haven Chamber of Commerce website.
- The website of East Haven Public Schools provides information about academic institutions and athletics in East Haven.
Ways to Play in East Haven
East Haven rentals are close to a piece of New England maritime history at Lighthouse Point Park, home of a lighthouse whose story begins in the 1800s. Also nearby, Farm River State Park gives renters the chance to go fishing, crabbing, birding, biking, boating and hiking. For indoor fun, AMF Circle Lanes-East Haven sports bowling facilities for visitors known to down a few pins. Across the river, in New Haven, bars and restaurants provide evening entertainment for lovers of nightlife. For instance, Stella Blues Bar hosts live music, while Cafe Nine has a happy hour and also puts on musical performances.