Discover Houses for Rent in Plainfield, Connecticut
Plainfield is in Windham County. Nearby cities include Putnam, Lisbon and Lebanon. Camp Laurel, a sleep-away Girl Scouts camp, is in Lebanon. Families can sign their little ones up to spend anywhere from a week to an entire summer at the camp. It boasts summer activities that promote camaraderie and build leadership skills. A typical week at camp includes fireside songs, a dance and aquatic activities. It's just one reason why Plainfield is a lovely option for families looking for homes for rent. Not to mention, the area boasts a dynamic dining scene, marvelous museums and plenty of other fun. If you decide on Plainfield, there will be plenty to explore.
Fun Facts about Plainfield
- When picking out a restaurant for a nice dinner out, make it a point to try the Horsebrook Cafe. It's one of the best eateries in the area and is lauded for its "Cheers" atmosphere and excellent comfort food.
- A number of niche museums dot the area. Tour D'Elia Antique Tool Museum, Haul of Fame Trucking Museum or the Prudence Crandall Museum to expand your knowledge on unique topics.
- There are plenty of opportunities to stay in shape if you live in Plainfield. The Plainfield Recreation Department offers fitness classes, including spring yoga.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to learn more about the area. It's a great tool to get to know Plainfield a little better before you commit to moving. On the site, you can check out recreational activities and the government.
- Check out the Northeastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce, where you can get the scoop on local businesses and instructions on how to become a member of the organization.