Discover Houses for Rent in Putnam, Connecticut
Putnam is in Windham County. Nearby cities include Woodstock, Brooklyn and Killingly. Putnam is minutes away from both of the Massachusetts and Rhode Island borders. You can get to Boston in just over an hour from Putnam, which is great if you like to venture to new places on the weekends. Spend a few days exploring Bean Town's historical buildings, indulgent dining scene and adorable boutiques and shops. Venture to Rhode Island's beachfront towns for ample sunshine and seafood. Living so close to these exciting places is just one reason why Putnam is the perfect place for families looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Putnam
- Locals can enjoy frequenting Victoria Station on Main Street. It's known for specialty drinks and cozy atmosphere. Nestle up with a good book in the outdoor seating area or reconnect with friends over a cup of coffee.
- If you're a big fan of Mexican fare, be sure to pay a visit to Turtles Taco Shop. The eatery boasts Southern California-style tacos and burritos.
- Learn about the area's history by touring Roseland Cottage. The 1840s Gothic Revival cottage owned by Henry and Lucy Bowen, prominent members of the community, hosted four American presidents and other political figures.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to learn more about community organizations and events, education in Putnam and the local government.
- Check out the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce if you'd like to become a member of the organization or to peruse a list of activities available around Putnam. The site has a section dedicated to visitors, which makes it a great resource if you're considering relocating.